Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Things that inspire me


  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI one of my Favorite songs ever by Natasha Bedingfiel
  2. I recently have been reading a great book entitled The Bonds that make us free.  In the 1st chapter it quotes Dostoyvsky’s The Devils  “All my life I have been Lying. Even when I told the truth. For I never told the truth for its own sake but only for my own.” This quote shook me and told me things about myself and others that I would have never thought before I recommend the book very highly and hope to learn to tell the truth for its own sake.
  3.  One of my favorite books of all time; I have taken to the habit of reading it at least once a year is Jane Eyre.  The character of Jane Eyre, I think is very admirable her strength of conviction, sense of integrity, and over all will to live free from blame truly inspires me. Though she is fictional, and therefore I am sure in some people’s mind an unimaginable person to ever actually exist. I believe that it speaks much to the human capacity of great and admirable qualities simply in the fact a human heart even conceived such a character. We can and should be more and in our souls we desire to be more. It is possible if we just believe in ourselves and our own power to change even the smallest part of the world. To simply do the right thing because it is right not because it is easy or convenient to ourselves and our own goals.
  4. One of my favorite movies that inspires me is Eat, Pray, Love (yeah I know it is a book as well). I love this idea of a journey of self discovery. Weather that journey takes us around the world or around the corner. If we choose to ask to be taught about what is truly important, I believe the Universal power will teach us through our experiences. If we are in tune, He is already teaching us if we take the time to enjoy the life he has given us. Pray; talk to the Universal power something is out there I call him God or Heavenly Father, the name is not as important as the effort we take to commune with the universal power and ourselves there is a spark of good in all of us and if we learn to listen to that spark we can be a light to the world. When we truly commune with the Universal power he will teach us to Eat, Pray, and most of all LOVE. With all our hearts; through honesty and true shared experience. I believe there is another person out there that needs us as much as we need them, to walk through this life with.  They will teach us things about ourselves, and the world we live in that we could never conceive of on our own. If we learn to look for that person with true openness of heart they will walk in and bring light to our understanding and more Eternal Beauty to our lives then by any other means possible.
  5.  Starry Night my Favorite painting also a reminder to never take a true artist for granted. Though sometimes great beauty comes through great adversity thank you Vincent Von Gough.  http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalog/image/0612/Starry-Night.jpg   

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying "Bonds" it moved me too so many years ago I have never forgotten it. If you love Jane Eyre, you need to borrow my CD of the Broadway musical - it is just as powerful and is so textual! I too loved Eat, Pray, Love and it lead me to the book. You can borrow it when you are ready; the book does such a better job describing what the journey was really about, particularly her time in the ashram in India.

    ReplyDelete